Colonia Fara, entitled to general Gustavo Fara, was built in Chiavari between 1935 and 1936, and inaugurated in 1938.
Originally thought as children sea summer camp, the building has been used for many different purposes: during the WWII it was a military hospital and german headquarter, after WWII it was a spot for Allies, refuge for Istrian refugees and youth hostal.
Nowadays, the building, abandoned by many years, is waiting for a new life.
More info (in italian):
- Società Italiana per la Protezione dei Beni Culturali
- Wikipedia Italia